Will you help us build a stronger and smarter Schiphol Airport as our new Lead Infrastructure Engineer?
At Cargonaut we are proud of our services. Our crew are the directors of digital cargo traffic to and from Schiphol Airport. Thanks to our IT-solutions we service a significant amount of logistic partners and deliver essential information to all parties involved. Information that comes from our Information Exchange Platform. Thanks to Cargonaut, Schiphol is ahead of global players and by using clever applications it is the cargo airport of Europe. Schiphol Cargo won the Airport of the Year award on the World Air Cargo Awards 2019. As Lead Infrastructure Engineer you’ll be joining us and from within your team you’ll literally help us to keep that award at Schiphol and stay ahead of the curve.
You’ll be making Schiphol stronger and smarter by::
- Improving quality of delivered applications
- Creating both short and long term IT solutions
- Impact the community with your experience
- • Lead by example on experience, knowledge, process and result
Cargonaut: Inventive information solutions
When it comes to cargo from and to Schiphol Airport, it’s quite a complex business. Cargonaut ensures that all parties in this logistic process have 24 hour access to their important data. Our Information Exchange Platform provides this service. Cargonaut is a leading the expertise of air cargo worldwide as the smartest information exchange service. With a guaranteed secure system that protects valuable information.
You will help to improve the infrastructure of our platform with your skills and experience. You understand and feel the difference between disaster recovery and disaster resilience. Your aim will not only be a stable infrastructure but build towards a scalable infrastructure in the cloud. You understand how monitoring (in our case with OpenNMS) helps our team and community and can take us along the next steps for insight in all our information streams, not just infra and application monitoring, but also trendlines and insight in the messages our customers send. This means that you also need to be an IT generalist, understanding message queues and databases. Our motto is: “To know before the customer knows” and we really need you to breathe that motto! You’ll be working with smart techniques on innovative solutions for our customers. Cargonaut is a small organisation, giving you the opportunity to create maximum impact. You’ll be developing yourself throughout our whole platform. If the CEO of Alibaba, one of the largest online stores in the world, credits us for our work, we know we’re on the right track!
Cargonaut is a company where innovation leads the roadmaps. With our teams we work on creating smart and solid IT solutions that impact the air cargo industry. We praise our team for taking initiative and creating added value. If you’re not the quiet type, believe in co-creation and working with a team and community, you’re the one we’re looking for. As Lead Infrastructure Engineer, you have the recognize yourself in this list:
- Higher professional education / working level
- Knowledge and experience with: Windows, Linux, VMWare and networks
- You lead by example, give direction to a development team on process, architecture and technique
- Experience with Cloud technology and implementation
- You can join us in process thinking (change/improve) and (information)analysis
- You can align with our company values: Innovation, Pro-active, Team spirit, Result Driven and Trustworthy
You have an advantage if you have:
- Experience with BI-environments
What we offer:
We appreciate hard work. As Lead Infrastructure Engineer at Cargonaut you can count on excellent primary and secondary conditions, such as:
- Salary fitting your knowledge, experience and background
- 13eA 4% 13th month salary, with a bonus profit arrangement up to another 4%
- 25 vacation days
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Travel expenses
- Personal budget for your development
- A brand new office with entertainment options during the breaks (table tennis, soccer table, Nintendo (BYO games).
- Monthly drinks
- A professional team with a lot of interaction and communal learning..
Want to help us build the smartest airport in the world?
You can at Cargonaut! Apply now by sending us your resume and motivation and let us know you’re ready to become our Lead Infrastructure Engineer. We carefully review all applications and the hiring of new colleagues. An extensive screening is part of the hiring procedure.
We understand if you have questions. Or maybe you want to come over and see our business for a day? Don’t hesitate and feel free to get in touch with us by email with Jeroen Benda